ABOUT Dental Link
Dental Link is a society of likeminded UK dentists. The main aims and objectives are :
- To promote and advance current concepts of dentistry in order to improve dental services to the public through peer review and friendship. It is a charitable and non-political organization. All members donate their time and no officers are paid in any form.
- It is a society which encourages the whole of dental industry to engage together.
- Through her partner society, AOG Foundation Ltd, it promotes charitable activities in the UK and abroad.
Dental Link welcomes everyone to partake in her activities.
Dental Link roots start in the mid-1970s, when a small group of mainly dental students who formed a study and social club at the Royal London Dental Hospital . They were bound by their common origins and their aspirations to make a success of their careers. A tutor, Dr Louis Joseph, suggested that this genial camaraderie be capitalised upon and continue to support other dentists with similar aspirations.
It with this background the Dental Link (then known as Anglo Asian Odontogical Group) was formally incepted in 1981. The organisation soon grew into one of the largest groups in the UK. It also engaged with other like-minded dental groups to work with.
- Dental Link newsletter published- Editor Dr Raj Rajarayan OBE
- The first MGDS study group founded by BSGDS members- Manny Vasant MBE, Raj Rajarayan OBE, Ruby Austin MBE and others. The group was supported by Dental Link
- Dental Link produces multilanguage oral hygiene leaflets
- Kent Dental Ltd and DSE ltd. Become first sponsors of Dental Link
- Dental Directory takes over as major sponsor of Dental Link
- Monthly study clubs implemented
- Annual Charity ball implemented- President Badge of office designed
- Study groups to international venues arranged
- CHARITY founded ( AOG foundation Ltd)
- Over the years Dental Link's has contributed over £500,000 to worthy charitable causes
Sponsored MGDS Study Group; Evelina Children's Hospital London, School for Autistic Children in Hammersmith: Post-graduate education in the UK to specialist students;
Chitrakoot Dental Project in India; Earthquake victims in Pakistan, India and Nepal; Help the Heroes; Disability Centre in Musoma, Tanzania; Dental unit in Mwanza, Tanzania; Home for orphan children in Sri Lanka; Organised Educational days for Overseas dentists and provided mentors for them; and many other projects.Dental Link Constitution
Contact Dental Link Today
Or, if you're looking to join us to the Dental Link please click here.